ManYou Travel Home and Farm Stays is seeking quality hosts to look after students from international locations for just a couple of days at a time.
The Home and Farm Stays division of ManYou Travel has been set up in an effort to build a database of suitable homes and hosts throughout the Northern Territory, and compete with the Eastern and Southern states for the lucrative home and farm stay student tours.
The NT is at somewhat of a disadvantage in this arena, due to the cost of housing, and the remoteness of the location, and the sparseness of the population.
The NT also has an advantage the other locations cannot offer. Kakadu, Litchfield, Katherine Gorge, Uluru, The Never-Never, a unique history and culture, our friendly and easy-going nature, crocs and so much more.
We are looking for expressions of interest in becoming host families to look after students, primarily from Japan in the first instance, and expanding to other nations and cultures.
What you need to bring to the table:
- Every person in the household age 15 and older must hold, or be eligible to obtain an NT government clearance for working with children – an Ochre Card. Volunteer cards are fine, and the cheapest to obtain.
- A family environment, mum & dad and kids/teenagers.
- A home with a spare room and a bed for each student. No sharing rooms with family members, and no sharing beds with other foreign students.
- Farm Stay – in a rural or semi-rural location with a couple of farm -related duties students can carry out. e.g. feed the chooks, collect the eggs, dig a garden, harvest fruit or small crops etc. – please complete our farm stay form and we will be in touch.
- Home Stay – anywhere, city, town or rural. Please complete our home stay form and we will be in touch